Time is Running Out to Upgrade Your Operating System
On April 8, Windows XP will no longer be supported by Microsoft. You need to take action to migrate to a new operating system. Continuing to use Windows XP after April 8th could mean exposing your patient data, financial records and network stability to detrimental risks.
How Are You At Risk?
With Microsoft no longer providing security updates or technical support for Windows XP, those that do not migrate to a new operating system leave themselves open to:
- Viruses and security vulnerability. Without critical Windows XP security updates, your PC may become vulnerable to harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software which can steal or damage your business data and information. Anti-virus software will also not be able to fully protect you once Windows XP itself is unsupported.
- Compliance penalties. Credit card industries (PCI) and government regulations (HIPAA) require security patching and protections on computers that house records and personal data. A security audit failure or loss of patient data can result in hefty financial fees and penalties.
- Revenue loss and practice downtime. When unsecure systems are compromised, malicious software can take control of your computers causing slower workflow, unreliable performance and system crashes. That means significant downtime and low productivity which can drastically affect your bottom line.
- Loss of AVImark upgrades. AVImark sets recommended hardware and operating system requirements before upgrades are installed. Without continued OS support and protection, you are at risk of losing future AVImark software upgrades until you have migrated to an updated, supported operating system.
Call Today! 410-846-4582. We can help you migrate your practice to a new operating system, easily and efficiently.
Benefits of Migrating to a New Operating System
- AVImark upgrades while on support.Give yourself ample time to upgrade. Time is running out so it is important to plan for dependency issues that may require additional hardware and software upgrades.
- Higher productivity with a more efficient operating system. New versions of operating systems are released on a regular basis to eliminate bugs, incorporate improvements and user-friendly features, and these can assist performance by enhancing software and hardware compatibility.
- Operating system support with AVImark’s OS support package.Very often what appears as an application software problem or hardware problem is later diagnosed as an operating system issue, making the Windows OS Coverage segment crucial to ensuring your AVImark investment runs smoothly.
- Better security through AVImark’s automated, encrypted Data Backup.Your practice can’t function without protection of your secure data. Data Backup offers automated backup service that stores your data remotely and protects it against loss. Your data is compressed, encrypted, and transmitted to a secure vault off-site with monitored backups to ensure successful completion.
- More efficient, faster running hardware with AVImark’s PetPC.Staying up-to-date with digital technology sends the right message to your patients and gives you access to first-hand treatment options, improved communication with your patients and new revenue streams. The AVImark Pet PC is ideal for exam rooms, receptions areas, labs or any location where space is limited.
Call to speak with Kevin, our hardware and operating systems specialist with questions or concerns regarding the migration to another operating system and your AVImark performance. Call 410-846-4582.