Q: How do you protect sensitive business data, customer information, and proprietary practices when accessing that data on a laptop, tablet, phablet, or smart phone?
A: Using common sense, good planning, and knowing what to do when a device is lost or stolen.
Let’s look at the risks associated with using mobile devices with sensitive work information:
- Laptops, tablets, phablets, or smartphones can get lost or stolen
- Someone accidentally downloads a virus or malware on the mobile device and then reconnects to the business’ central network, where the virus spreads to the company server & computers
- Confidential information is accidentally seen when showing your mobile device to a family member, friend, or co-worker
- Using an unsecured or public Wi-Fi network (available in many stores and airports) to transmit or download information
- Unattended mobile devices are seen and used by curious passers-by
These mobile device safeguards will help keep devices safe:
View original post 104 more words